|What are the most important element for success in direct marketing? Success in direct marketing whether you are using direct mail, telemarketing, Facebook advertising, Google Adwords, or e-mail promotions depends on seven fundamental elements.
The 7 Elements Of Direct Marketing Success
Ranked in order of importance for your success in direct marketing here are the seven essential elements:
- Product & Market: promote the right product to the right market
- List: choose the right list to reach your market
- Offer: make your prospects an offer that requires a yes or no decision
- Timing: send your promotion at the right time
- Copy: write copy that clearly conveys the benefits of your product and your offer
- Artwork: use graphic presentation to enhance your message not distract from it
- Format: select the appropriate format for your communication
Exceptions To The Rule
There are times when graphic design takes a higher ranking when your product or service (such as a vacation resort) is a highly visual product and when illustrations or photographs produce an emotional desire. In most cases the ranking provided above remains intact.
Direct Marketing Budgets
Some may argue that budget belongs on this listing. This may be an essential element if you are doing the marketing yourself. In this case you may want to insert budget as your number three element.
To accomplish point number 2 you can use sites like Freecontactlists.com to select the best business sales leads for your product or service.